VolP and Networking Technician
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Birmingham, AL 35243
This is an OJT Position. WIOA Eligibility is required.
1. Establishes communications systems by installing, operating, and maintaining voice and data communications network circuits and equipment.
2. Plans network installations by studying customer orders, plans, manuals, and technical specifications; ordering and gathering equipment, supplies, materials, and tools; assessing installation site; and preparing an installation diagram.
3. Establishes voice and data networks by running, pulling, terminating, and splicing cables; installing telecommunications equipment, routers, switches and firewalls; programming PBX’s and features; establishing connections and integrations; following industry standards; activating remote access tools; and coordinating with the project manager and our customer.
4. Verifies service by testing circuits, equipment, and alarms; and identifying, correcting, or escalating problems.
5. Documents network by labeling and routing equipment and cables and recording configuration diagrams and specifications.
6. Maintains network by troubleshooting and repairing outages, testing network back-up procedures, and updating documentation.
7. Maintains customer rapport by listening to and resolving concerns and answering questions.
8. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications.
9. Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
10. Test and configure software and maintain and repair hardware and peripheral devices
11. Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their own work
12. Do regular PBX and or data backups to protect the customer’s information
13. Provide technical direction to customers on computer and network usage and offer comprehensive advice and instructions
14. Other duties task as assigned.