Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Theodore, AL 36582
AIRGAS USA, LLC IS HIRING AN PLANT OPERATOR IN THEODORE, AL
BENEFITS CONSISTENT HOURS STABILITY PLANT BONUS
AIRGAS OFFERS A FULL BENEFITS PACKAGE THAT INCLUDES: MEDICAL, DENTAL, VISION, LIFE, AD&D, SHORT TERM AND LONG TERM DISABILITY INSURANCE, VACATION, SICK, PAID HOLIDAYS, 401(K) RETIREMENT PLAN WITH COMPANY MATCH, TUITION ASSISTANCE AND MUCH MORE!
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nations leading single-source supplier of gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise. Airgas customer base includes but is not limited to: manufacturing, health care, construction, energy, hospitality, food service, and so on
Examine, test, fill and weigh compressed and liquefied gas cylinders in accordance with company policies and procedures, and local, state and federal regulations.
* Operate and safely maintain equipment for pumping or repackaging gases into cylinders.
* Perform all required pre-fill and post-fill inspections and tests before cylinders are released.
* Ensure cylinders are adequately maintained cylinders requiring maintenance or repair are removed from service until corrected.
* Regularly inspect and maintain pumping apparatus and associated pressure gages and monitoring devices.
* Fill cylinders or containers to proper pressure or weight, whichever is appropriate.
* Ensure cylinder filling records are accurately maintained and that all required procedures are followed in order to comply with local, state and federal regulations.
* Conduct periodic plant checks for safe and efficient operation.
* Operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment.
* Maintain neat, clean and orderly plant appearance.
* Perform mathematical calculations.
* Assist with loading and unloading trucks and/or trailers when required.
* Assist with inventory, general housekeeping, and help with customers when necessary.
* If qualified, perform backup duties as a Driver when necessary.
* Other duties and projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Tech school or equivalent education/experience.
* 0 1 year of operations or production experience, preferably in a manufacturing or distribution environment.
* Forklift certified / possess valid forklift operators license.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to routinely lift 25 60 lbs.
* Ability to perform work during prolonged standing up to 8 hours, frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion also required.
* Ability to perform functions during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling and finger activities.
* Ability to read and comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
* Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
* Must be able to work occasional overtime, if necessary.
* Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and background.
* Must be able to work outdoors in temperatures ranging from 30 to 110 degrees.
* Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
For more details go to URL