Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Birmingham, AL 35242
- Birmingham, AL, USA
- Required Clearance – Secret
- This is a contingent position based on contract award and funding from the customer*
Birmingham, AL and Camp Lejeune, NC.
Carpenters are one of the most versatile construction occupations, with workers usually doing many different tasks. Hand-to-eye coordination, mathematical skills, project management abilities, strength and stamina are important attributes for a journeyman carpenter.
- Prepare the layout of the project.
- Ability to estimate height, width, length, and other proportions.
- Work with blueprints or instructions from supervisors.
- Measure and mark cutting lines on materials, using ruler, pencil, chalk, and marking gauge.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Verify trueness of structure, using plumb bob and level.
- Shape or cut materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saw.
- Study specifications in blueprints, sketches or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required.
- Build or repair cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, and other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, carpenter’s hand tools, and power tools.
- Erect scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level.
- Remove damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace, using hand tools.
- Install structures and fixtures, such as windows, frames, floorings, and trim, or hardware, using carpenter’s hand and power tools.
- Construct forms and chutes for pouring concrete.
- Fill cracks and other defects in plaster or plasterboard and sand patch, using patching plaster, trowel, and sanding tool.
- Construct light-gauge and load-bearing steel framing for interior partitions and exterior framing.
- Will work directly with the Safety Manager to ensure all work is compliant with all safety standards. Must be a champion of the safety program.
- A high school diploma is preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 to 7-years total construction experience, 3-years working as an apprentice under a Journeyman Carpenter.
- Successful completion of a Carpentry Apprenticeship Program is preferred, but not mandatory. Work experience will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis in lieu of completing a formal Apprenticeship Program.
- Must be willing to deploy to project sites worldwide to complete construction projects.
- Must have an active Secret clearance.
- Independence – Job requires developing one’s own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
- Attention to Detail – Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Innovation – Job requires… For full info follow application link.
Enabling Mission Success Sallyport Global Holdings is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Sallyport maintains drug-free workplace policies and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background investigations. We also conduct random employee drug screening. Additionally, as a federal government contractor, and in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and Executive Orders, Sallyport is required to develop annual Affirmative Action Plans (AAPs). If you are a qualified disabled veteran or individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system or you wish to review our AAPs for Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org.