Sr Industrial Engineer, Metallurgy
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Anniston, AL 36207
Sr Industrial Engineer, Metallurgy
A world class aerospace defense contractor conveniently located between Atlanta and Birmingham seeks a qualified Sr. Industrial Engineer with a concentration in Metallurgy and Materials. The work environment is clean, safe and centrally air conditioned. In addition to standard medical benefits, other benefits include a gain sharing program, tuition reimbursement, and 3 weeks of paid vacation/PTO accrued in the first year.
Major Position Responsibilities
Plans, directs, and coordinates industrial engineering processes in aerospace defense machining facility by performing the following duties.
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods with a focus on metallurgy and materials
- Coordinates with others in planning work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Consults with customer and other personnel regarding product information such as capacity and purpose to fabricate product.
- Works closely with non-destructive testing team members, external plating suppliers, heat treating suppliers, and other external suppliers
- Serves as the key point of contact for the engineering department on the Integrated Product Team (IPT) assigned
- Supports the development of bids and proposal, estimates engineering support hours and non-recurring engineering efforts needed to develop efficient manufacturing processes
- Identifies and recommends changes or modifications for efficiency and adaptability to setup and production processes.
- Work with machinists, assemblers, and technicians to develop and document standardized work and establish “best practices” through a team approach
- Participates in meetings, seminars and training sessions to stay apprised of new developments in field
- Works independently in assigned area and applies seasoned knowledge to many engineering disciplines
- Ensures successful completion of assigned project within budgeted time and cost constraints.
- Support proposal activities and contribute in writing assignments.
- Identify and report issues to management in a timely manner.
- Support the site as the subject matter expert in the area of metallurgy and materials
- Other duties as assigned.
Proficiency in use of Computer Aided Design (CAD) software, Microsoft Windows environment, Word, and Excel software. Must possess strong engineering skills. Excellent interpersonal relationship/communication skills across multi-function departments is mandatory.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS: (Education, Training, Years Experience, Special Skills or Limitations)
BS in Engineering, Master’s degree preferred, 10 years minimum related experience
GD-OTS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled