Information Security Analyst/ Security Incident Response Ana
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35808
Information Security Analyst/ Security Incident Response Analyst
+ Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Information Security Analyst/ Security Incident Response Analyst
Category: Cyber Security Consulting
City: Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Position ID: J1119-1632
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI Federal is seeking qualified applicants for an Information Security Analyst position that will serve as part of a Security Operations Center (SOC) team in Huntsville, AL. Qualified applicants will be on the forefront of incident response where they will utilize the latest in network security technology to provide Computer Network Defense and Information Assurance (IA) support to CGI Federal and its customers.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The responsibilities of the Information Security Analyst include, but are not limited to:
• Monitor and analyze network traffic, and respond to potential threats/vulnerabilities.
• Investigate intrusion attempts and perform in-depth analysis.
• Provide network intrusion detection expertise to support timely and effective decision making of when to declare an incident.
• Conduct proactive threat research.
• Triage and process security events that are populated in a Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) system.
• Analyze a variety of network and host-based security appliance logs (Firewalls, NIDS, HIDS, Sys Logs, etc.) to determine the correct remediation actions and escalation paths for each incident.
• Independently follow procedures to contain, analyze, and eradicate malicious activity.
• Document all activities during an incident and providing leadership with status updates during the life cycle of the incident.
• Create a final incident report detailing the events of the incident
• Provide information regarding intrusion events, security incidents, and other threat indications and warning information to US government agencies.
• Assist with the development of processes and procedures to improve incident response times, analysis of incidents, and overall SOC functions.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Education or Experience:
• Minimum of four (2) years of direct experience as a Security Analyst or SOC role within the last eight years, and demonstrated ability to carry out the functions of the job or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background
• Experience and extensive knowledge of a SIEM and event analysis and information gathering
• Experience in Security Incident Handling procedures, Incident Management and Incident Triage
• Ability and experience in writing clear and concise technical writing specifically in event analysis and incident handling documentation
• Experience in Intrusion Detection or Prevention Systems
• Experience with the TCP/IP stack, DNS, BGP and metadata.
• Knowledge of: TCP/IP, computer networking, routing and switching
• Experience in Linux/UNIX and Windows based devices at the System Administrator level
• Experience with Account Management, Windows Events and Log Management
• Organizational skills and the ability to work autonomously with attention to processes
• Ability to speak and communicate effectively with peers, management and clients
• Industry recognized professional certification such as CISSP, GCIH, GCIA, CEH, Security• Past experience with or current understanding of government intelligence processes and systems.
• Direct experience with Malware analysis techniques and methodologies.
• Familiarity with the MITRE ATT&CK framework
• Scripting skills (e.g., PERL, Python, shell scripting)
• Experience conducting Network Forensics
• Past experience with or current understanding of government intelligence processes and systems.
• Direct experience with Malware and Fusion analysis techniques and methodologies.
+ Incident Response
+ Network Security
+ Security Assessment
+ Unix/Linux System Admin
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or © consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.