Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
West Point, MS 39773
PURPOSE: Responsible for the operation of production equipment according to safety standards, standard operating procedures, in-process control standards and other related standards to ensure product quality with the right quantity and on time delivery.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: • Execute plans based on production schedule optimizing man and machine productivity with minimal scrap and FM.
• Monitors and confirms conditions of all safety devices by routine and through safety check sheets to ensure safety of the working environment and takes immediate countermeasure for any unsafe acts and conditions.• Initiate and facilitate countermeasures for immediate recovery with proper operation while following SOP during any downtime (machine, quality, material shortage, etc.). • Participate in site “Continuous Improvement” groups as appropriate. • Prepares shift’s accomplishment report and ensure proper turnover of work for the next shift. • Operates production machine/s according to safety standards, standard operating procedures (SOP), Control Plan, FMEA, Process Flow and other related standards to ensure product quality.
• Reports any unsafe acts and conditions in the working area.
• Participates in the safety awareness and consciousness program.
• Reports possible causes of defective works to avoid recurrence.
• Completes daily report and other check sheets for traceability purposes.
• Reports immediately any machine abnormality to immediate superior to avoid longer machine downtime while following all Stop, Call, Wait policies and procedures.
Maintains good working relationships within the group and to other groups as well.
• Maintains proper handling and usage of machine and equipment, tools, support materials, factory supplies and other utilities to maximize efficiency.
• Complies strictly with company rules and regulations.
• Maintains good housekeeping in the area using 5S tools.
• Complies strictly to Environmental Management System (EMS).
• Performs other duties assigned by immediate superior. EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• 2 years preferred Manufacturing Process or related field
• At least High School graduate or GED equivalent
• Basic Manufacturing Skills Core Certificate
• Career Readiness Certificate (Silver or Above) SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Working knowledge of high speed equipment
• Minor Troubleshooting
• Ability to evaluate and complete quality checks and document results using data base collection system.
• Ability to make product changeovers on various pieces of equipment.• Ability to make accurate measurements for the effective production of raw materials.