Principle Technical Project Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35808
The Principle Technical Project Manager is embedded with the program team, and is responsible for the technical, financial, and schedule performance of the technical team in support of the assigned program. This includes but is not limited to engineering tasks for DOD programs and projects, including aviation fixed and rotary wing, and land vehicles.
• Take ownership of technical project pursuit, design, development, and test activities.
• Lead project and bid activities, provide technical guidance, and motivate multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
• Coordinate project staffing with engineering management and provide timely forecasts of staffing demand.
• Perform risks & opportunities management activities throughout project execution.
• Responsible for overall financial performance of engineering activities for the project.
• Track, report, and analyze project health metrics, to include earned value, requirements, test burndown.
• Present project status to multiple levels of Leadership.
• Support internal and external stakeholders as the primary technical point of contact.
• Other duties may be assigned
This position has the responsibility and authority to carry out assigned tasks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment, excellent interpersonal skills, written communication skills, and proactive problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to apply creativity and alternative thinking to develop new or novel ideas to solve problems.
• Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
• Prior fixed or rotary wing aircraft and aviation experience is desired
• Knowledge of aircraft and the aviation market with emphasis on avionics and structural systems is desired
• This position requires a strong attention to detail and follow through, use of independent judgment, and excellent communication and people management skills
• Manage cross functional team, developing personnel, and performance management skills are required
• Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline and 16 years of relevant experience
• Familiarity with airworthiness specifications and procedures desired
• Previous military aircraft mechanical systems maintenance experience is desired
• Engineering design experience, including mounting equipment, sensors and antennas, and structural modifications is desired
• U.S. Citizenship is required and must possess or meet eligibility requirement for obtaining a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance
Yulista offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disabilities, protected military or veteran status. To apply for this position, or view all of our job openings, visit us online at www.yulista.com, click on career opportunities.
Requisition ID: YUL0225