Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Alford Aviation is looking to add an accountant to our team. Any applicant must be knowledgeable in QuickBooks. Minimum requirements are two years of recent on the job experience, as well as, a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
Accountant Job Responsibilities:
• Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
• Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
• Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
• Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
• Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
• Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
• Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
• Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
• Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
• Secures financial information by completing database backups.
• Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
• Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
• Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
• Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
• Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
• Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
Accountant Qualifications / Skills:
• Corporate Finance
• Reporting Skills
• Attention to Detail
• Reporting Research Results
• SFAS Rules
• Time Management
• Data Entry Management
• General Math Skills
• Quickbooks Experience
• Excel Experience
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
• Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance
• Minimum 2 years’ job experience in accounting/finance
• Experience with financial reporting requirements