Position, Navigation & Timing (PNT) SME
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35808
i3 is seeking a Position/Navigation & Timing (PNT) SME to be located in Huntsville, AL.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise on the Global Positioning System (GPS) and worldwide PNT architecture.
- Draft and review DoD and National-level policy related to PNT.
- Review and assess PNT-related warfighter requirements.
- Review and assess PNT-related acquisition documentation to support the procurement of articles contributing to the PNT mission area.
- Facilitate and support the development of executable architectures and plans for implementation to influence and guide planning and requirements, programming, budgeting and execution.
- Provide technical analysis of issues arising during POM, PBR cycles supporting DABs, DSCs, DMAGs.
- Support planning, scheduling, leading and executing cross-cleared and multi organizational space control/counter-space threat Technical Exchange Meetings, Integrated Product Teams/working groups.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent, plus 10-15 yrs applicable experience in an Engineering, Scientific, or Analysis field related to Defense and/or IC Space.
- Detailed knowledge and familiarity with current Defense Department efforts with the Global Positioning System (GPS) and/or the larger worldwide PNT systems.
- Significant experience in Engineering, Scientific, Analysis, or Intelligence related to NSS Space. 5+ years’ experience in or directly supporting DoD, i.e. NASIC, DIA, ONI, or NRO technical intelligence analysis, space operations, or acquisition.
- Demonstrated understanding of Space enterprise to include DoD requirements, acquisition, and budgeting processes and applicable National Security Space (NSS) guidance and policy.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to plan, work and deliver independently.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, organizational, oral presentation and executive writing skills.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Master’s degree in Space Systems Engineering or a related field. 15+ years’ experience in an Ops, engineering, scientific, analysis, policy or planning field related to Defense Space HQ AF/SAF staff experience within the past 3 years.Department of Commerce PNT experience.
- Familiarity with Defense Space and National Security Space in the areas of strategy, requirements, capabilities, architectures, programs, acquisition, and operations.
- Familiarity with civil, commercial and international space capabilities as they pertain to PNT.
- Experience supporting OSD, Service HQ or DoD Agency or IC staffs.
- Experience with DoD, AFSPC, SMC, NRO, Dept of Commerce, FAA.
- Familiarity with TMT and/or or other HQ staffing tools.
Business Unit: ITSE
Location : Location: US-AL-Huntsville