Physician (Full Time - Contract)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Decatur, AL 35601
POSITION SUMMARY: The Attending Physician works with the Center Medical Director to ensure that delivery of clinical services achieves the Genesis HealthCare® mission and is incorporated into all Centers. This is done by working with Centers and Regional Management and Genesis Physician ServicesSM consultants to oversee the implementation, utilization, and outcomes measurement of Genesis HealthCare® Clinical Programs and nationally accepted standards of care.
The Attending Physician’s primary reporting relationship is to the VPMA. The Attending Physician is also accountable to both the Center’s Administrator and Medical Director due to their legal and regulatory responsibilities.
1. Take complete responsibility for patients admitted to their service
2. Comply with the Genesis Physician Services (GPS) credentialing process
3. Visit assigned patients in a timely fashion according to GPS policy and procedure.
4. Comply with guidelines related to GPS initiatives.
5. Comply with the Rules and Regulations of the Medical Staff.
6. Comply with the Genesis Corporate Integrity policies.
7. Assess the customer and ensure that a complete history and physical examination are on the chart within 48hrs after the admission.
8. Deliver high quality care to assigned patients.
9. Review Clinical Outcomes Report (COR) with the Center Medical Director and act to improve the care in the facility.
10. Serve as an appropriate role model for other physicians and staff.
11. Help articulate the Genesis HealthCare® mission to the community and professional organizations.
12. Help the organization establish appropriate relationships, and coordinate transfer and care arrangements with area hospitals and other pertinent institutions.
13. Demonstrate care and compassion to ensure that all internal and external customers consistently receive high quality service.
14. Comply with the GPS Time Off and On Call policies.
15. Perform other duties as assigned
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:1. M.D. or D.O. required.2. Board Certified or Eligible in Internal Medicine or Family Practice.
Position Type: Full Time – Contract
Req ID: 327998
Center Name: River City Center
Genesis HealthCare, Inc. and all affiliated entities (collectively, “Genesis”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, actual or perceived disability, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, amnesty, military status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Genesis takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and covered veterans. These policies are fully supported by the CEO, COO and all members of the leadership team. If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact (877)456-6726. This phone number is for ADA related accommodation requests only, not for routine employment inquiries.