Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
1.Provides pastoral care as the On Call Chaplain by responding to emergencies during working hours (0800 to 1630), after hours (1630 – 0800), and on weekends and holidays on a rotating basis with other chaplains.
2.Must be able to arrive at the facility within thirty (30) minutes after being notified of a an emergency after hours, weekends or holidays while on-call or stay on campus in the Chaplain Call Room.
3.Maintains an active pastoral presence on all assigned areas.
4.Provides or facilitates in the meeting of ritual and sacramental needs of patients of all faiths.
5.Documents in the patient’s electronic medical record and keeps records of pastoral activity to communicate with other members of the department and health care team.
6.Leads group activities, worship services, religious rites, and classes.
7.Provides pastoral care to hospital staff.
8.Acts as liaison for DCH Health System with churches and ministers.
9.When assigned, functions as Acting Director in Director’s absence from Medical Centers.
10.Follows Department of Pastoral Care Service policies and procedures.
11.Performs administrative duties as assigned by the Director.
12.Must adhere to the Code of Ethics as adopted by the Association of Professional Chaplains.
- Maintains performance, patient and employee satisfaction and financial standards as outlined in the performance evaluation.
- Performs compliance requirements as outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Must adhere to the DCH Behavioral Standards including creating positive relationships with patients/families, coworkers, colleagues and with self.
- Requires use of electronic mail, time and attendance software, learning management software and intranet.
- Must adhere to all DCH Health System policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Requires use of telephone, paging systems and computer systems including but limited to electronic mail, time and attendance software, learning management software and intranet.
- Must be able to read, write legibly, speak, and comprehend English.