FBI Security Manager (FBI0002)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Redstone Arsenal, AL 35808
Yulista Tactical Services, LLC has an opening for a Security Manager to oversee a workforce providing physical and personnel security services. The Security Manager supervises and manages all security operations and employees. This position is responsible for all staffing, training and compliance, working with Customer to ensure that all security requirements for the contract are fulfilled.
• Plan, direct, or coordinate all security activities in compliance with the project contract.
• Supervise and provide leadership to subordinate security professionals, performing activities such as hiring, training, assigning work, evaluating performance, or disciplining.
• Create or implement security standards, policies, and procedures.
• Develop, conduct, support, or assist in security reviews, evaluations or assessments of the overall effectiveness of facility and personnel security processes.
• Communicate security status, updates, and actual or potential problems, using established protocols.
• Direct or participate in emergency management and contingency planning.
• Write or review security-related documents, such as incident reports, proposals, and tactical or strategic initiatives.
• Analyze and evaluate security operations to identify risks or opportunities for improvement through auditing, review, or assessment.
• Conduct physical examinations of property to ensure compliance with security policies and regulations.
• Collect and analyze security data to determine security needs, security program goals, or program accomplishments.
• Coordinate security operations or activities with local law enforcement, fire and other agencies.
• Requisition security-related supplies, equipment, or technology.
• Develop or manage investigation programs, including collection and preservation of video and notes of surveillance processes or investigative interviews.
• Plan security for special and high-risk events.
• Prepare reports or make presentations on internal investigations, losses, or violations of regulations, policies and procedures.
• Attend meetings or related events to keep abreast of changes in executive legislative directives or new technologies impacting security operations.
• Work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
• Reports attempts to penetrate the FBI sites, offices, evidence of theft or vandalism, safety and fire hazards or incidents to appropriate law enforcement and/or emergency response agencies in accordance with emergency instructions.
• Maintains continuous communications between each Guard, the FBI Site Security Manager and designated law enforcement and emergency response agencies.
• Reports suspicious or unusual worker behavior amongst the FBI employees, visitors, or others to the FBI Site Security Manager and notes this activity in logs.
• Supervises and manages personnel and subcontractor personnel assigned to the mission.
• This position has direct reports and supervisory responsibilities. This position supervises employees daily. The candidate should be well experienced in supervising, hiring, firing, training, planning, scheduling, controlling projects and managing personnel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Experience working with government agencies.
• Must be reliable during all weather conditions and be able to communicate effectively with senior managers and other law enforcement/emergency response personnel.
• Ability to identify and communicate safety and technical risks and provide mitigation strategies.
• Advanced knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
• Advanced computer skills specifically using Microsoft Office Suite; ability to learn additional computer skills or software programs.
• Ability to enter data accurately into databases.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to prepare clear, concise, and competent correspondence and reports.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of all matters, both as they are related to security subordinates and department operations.
• Thorough knowledge of all appropriate ethical standards regarding contracting actions.
• Effective communication skills to effectively and clearly communicate complex information in high pressure situations to others.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including active listening, prompt response and follow-up.
• Excellent analytical skills with the ability to evaluate data and consider decision impact across multiple areas with limited information in high stress situations and environments.
• Strong decision analysis and problem-solving skills; ability to draw conclusions and justify decisions. Must be able to communicate issues to management and regulatory agencies.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Law Enforcement, Criminal Justice, Public Administration or related field or High School diploma with 8+ years of Military, or other government agency, security training/experience
• Minimum of six years’ work experience in security operations.
• Minimum of two years’ experience in security management
• Must be a US Citizen.
• Must possess and maintain a current Top-Secret Clearance; FBI Top Secret Tier-5 Preferred.
• Must communicate utilizing the English language.
• Ability to successfully pass a pre-employment physical and drug test.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
• Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing requirements for Security Officers.
• Must meet physical health and stamina requirements and pass a medical exam.
Yulista offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disabilities, protected military or veteran status. To apply for this position, or view all of our job openings, visit us online at www.yulista.com, click on career opportunities.