Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Troy, AL 36079
Load rings in seamer and perform all required quality checks. Operate glue machines and auxiliary equipment. Assist Lead Operator with troubleshooting of process and equipment, ensure compliance with production schedules, safety, and quality standards, maintain clean and safe plant work area, identify maintenance and safety concerns.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Communicate any problem concerning quality to Quality department.
- Communicate any problem concerning production to Lead Operator/Shift Supervisor.
- Communicate any problem concerning safety to Lead Operator/Shift Supervisor.
- Operate forklift as required.
- Monitor processes using tools such as SPC.
- Discover and solve problems, suggesting solutions that assist in reaching organizational goals.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to proceed with objectives and instructions with limited direct supervision.
- Ability to discover and solve problems.
- Better than average math skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, part drawings, and procedure manuals.
- Able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Able to ascend and descend ladders on a frequent basis.