CNC Machinist (Computer Numerically Controlled Machinist)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Fairhope, AL 36532
Purpose of Position: To machine and repair various parts and components
Essential Functions: (must be able to perform these functions, with or without a reasonable accommodation).
• Performs specialized repairs to parts and components in accordance with overhaul manuals using various hand and air tools, mills, lathes and various grinders.
• Effectively operates and maintains various hand and air tools, mills, lathes and grinders.
• Proficiently uses micrometers, height gauges, bore and air gauges and various specialty tools in support of the production schedule.
• Reads blueprints to specifications.
• Holds close tolerance to at least + or – .0005.
• Accurately and efficiently operates CNC mills and lathe.
• Maintains a clean working environment throughout the day.
• Proficiently navigate through company software in order to extract special instructions and accurately log labor.
• Travels as required
• Confers with manager/lead to recommend changes such as: equipment utilization, production methods and procedures to increase efficiency of department and promote improvement
• Attends all safety and health training, as required, in a timely manner
• Works when scheduled and complies with company attendance policy
• Works overtime as needed
• Observes and practices all safety procedures and personal policies (e.g. Safety-glasses, ear plugs, face shields etc.)
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: (these are required to enable job holder to perform the essential functions of the job)
• Must supply own tools to perform essential functions and do own set ups.
• Must be able to obtain needed information and data from FAR’s, bulletins, drawings, blue prints and maintenance manuals to perform assigned maintenance functions.
• Must be proficient in using a variety of hand tools, special tools, and GSE required to perform assigned maintenance tasks
• Must be able to work in a relatively loud environment.
• Must be able to maintain an effective working relationship with, and among co-workers and supervisors
• Must be able to work with little or no supervision and to take initiative
• Must be able to use applied knowledge to formulate positive solutions to problem situations
• Must be able to apply common sense
• Must be able to effectively read, write and communicate in English
• Must be proficient in company specific software and Microsoft Office Word and Excel
• Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide, using fractions and decimals; compute percentages, area, circumference, volume, ratios, rates and interpret graphs
• Must be able to comply with OSHA requirements and standards to properly wear all applicable PPE
• Must have knowledge of precision measuring tools/equipment(dimensional and electrical)
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. regularly and more, with assistance occasionally
• Must be able to see within normal range of vision with or without corrective lenses
• Must be able to hear running machinery
• Must be able to use hands, wrists, and fingers repetitively
• Must have exceptional eye-hand coordination
• Must regularly be able to reach overhead
• Must regularly be able to squat, bend, twist and stand
• Must be able to walk around regularly using steps occasionally
• Ability to provide verifications of US citizenship or permanent residency to satisfy ITAR/EAR restrictions
Marginal Functions: (Duties that are likely to be assigned to this person, unless he/she proves unable to perform them after receiving training and/or accommodations that the company judges appropriate)
• Other duties as assigned
High School Diploma or GED, required. Three (3) years of experience as a machinist, required, with two years working a CNC machine preferred. Relevant trade school training may be accepted in lieu of experience. Tool and die making and grinding experience a plus. Must pass a criminal background check, a DOT drug screen, and comply with all FAA regulations.
Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. Noise is generally loud.
Segers Aero Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.