Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Troy, AL 36079
Ensure product compliance to quality standards, sample and check critical characteristics of finished product and components in production, maintain clean and safe work area, identify concerns with product quality. Assist with production procedures as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administer quality plans, procedures, visual aids and maintain such documents
- Communicate performance against established quality standards.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
Respond to Quality and Operator issues.
Sample and check critical characteristics of parts and components in production.
Monitor molding process and record data in SPC and/or on quality documents.
- Discover and solve problems, implementing solutions that assist in reaching organizational goals.
Operate forklift as required- must be certified
Start and stop injection molding machines (after training by processor)
Relieve operators during breaks and lunches.
Perform other related duties as assigned by Plant Manager, Production Supervisor, and Quality Supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of injection molding equipment, materials, and methods.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Ability to discover and solve problems.
Knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC), and other quality control tools.
- Better than average math skills.
- Familiar with manufacturing process documentation (assembly procedures, test procedures, final audit procedures, etc.) and ability to record data gathered.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Skill to use a personal computer and various software packages.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, part drawings, and procedure manuals.
Able to work 8 hr. and or 12
hr. shift and fill in for other QAs as required.
- Able to work passed normal shift end as required to ensure communication of current days events to on coming shift.
- Able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
Must complete, pass and maintain all QA Technician training syllabuses and certifications.