Help Desk Technician
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35808
The Help Desk Technician will be responsible for performing tasks providing technical desktop assistance and customer service to a large user base. A professional and courteous demeanor is required in all circumstances. Candidate must possess excellent communication skills including verbal, written, and telephone etiquette. Above average ability to interpret, analyze, troubleshoot and resolve technical problems. Must be decisive, conscientious and interact well in a team environment or training capacity. Individual should have a strong desire to learn and be able to follow policies and procedures.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of and experience with computer hardware, software and peripheral devices in a diverse environment.
- Provide direct customer service and technical support to local and remote users as required via phone, e-mail, on-line systems and in person.
- Configure and install PCs, network printing devices, peripherals and software, including physical attachment of equipment to the network.
- Familiarity and expertise in various operating systems (Windows 7, 10, etc.).
- Familiarity and expertise in mobile devices (Apple IOS, Android, etc.).
- Familiarity and expertise in business applications such as Microsoft Office and PDF software.
- Install, configure and maintain network applications and application distribution systems.
- Ensure system security in compliance with company policy.
- Implement and maintain network standards and guidelines.
- Utilize tools such as Active Directory, Remote Desktop, etc.
- Operate audio/visual equipment such as Video Teleconferencing devices, projectors, and presentation hardware.
- Maintain an awareness of trends within the technology industry, researching and testing to determine how they could help our company.
- The Help Desk Technician will be familiar with desktop operating systems, office applications, hardware, installation/troubleshooting and have some knowledge of network operating systems and hardware.
- Candidate should be able to plan and implement projects such as migrations, upgrades, and implementation of new technologies.
- The Help Desk Technician should improve their ability to diagnose more complex problems and learn new skill sets in support of the IT Team mission.
- BS Degree plus 1-4 years of relevant work experience required.
- Active Secret Security Clearance or higher.
- Preferred training – CompTIA Security+, MCP, Net+
Business Unit: CSE
Clearance: Secret Required
Location : Location: US-AL-Huntsville