Piping Design Engineer #AER0003RI
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35806
The Piping Design Engineer will:
• Develop designs for both flight and non-flight hardware including Structural and Mechanical Hardware as well as piping, structures, and supports.
• Work with large assembly and subassembly models in support of the Space Launch System (SLS) program as well as other new and existing programs at NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC)
• Provide engineering design functions for time critical hardware designs, and support on-going manufacturing of complex assemblies
Job duties will include:
• Coordination with NASA project level customers across organizations to ensure mission success
• Work with a large team of engineers and designers to select hardware components, develop Pro Engineer/CREO models of structures and mechanisms, develop detailed fabrication and assembly drawings, and provide fabrication support to shop personnel
• Participate in task meetings and conferences as requested
• Collaborate with outside vendors and personnel from other NASA centers on the development of integrated flight hardware
• Develop and deliver reports and presentations to MSFC and ESSCA management as needed
Minimal travel required