HR Business Partner Leader
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35808
Description: The Strategic & Missile Defense Systems \(SMD\) Line\-of\-Business \(LOB\) organization is looking for an analytical, proactive and motivated individual to lead Staffing & Planning across the LOB including all of the SMD current programs and upcoming proposals\. The individual will be responsible for:
• Defining and implementing an organization model focused on proactive partnership between Major Functional Organizations \(MFO\) Leaders and Line of Business \(LOB\) Program Managers and representatives to ensure accurate and timely demand forecasting and filling of program needs
• Work very closely with the E&T Strategic Workforce Optimization Team \(SWOT\) on current and upcoming hiring needs
• Partner with Human Resources, MFO leaders and Global Talent Acquisition \(GTA\)
• Create and share meaningful and actionable staffing metrics for Program Management Reviews and Internal Operating Reviews, as well as other ad hoc needs
• Respond with agility and purpose by obtaining input from relevant stakeholders and internal customers to make timely decisions that are in the best interest of the organization
• Be accountable for driving action and influencing senior leaders across the organization
• Exposure to the SMD Executive Leadership Team
• Contributing to the SMD pipeline development ensure both tactical and strategic staffing goals are met
• Completing the SMD Tactical Workforce Planning \(TWP\) by partnering with HR and leaders to ensure accurate staffing projections are established and maintained
• Creating and executing on College and Intern commitments across SMD by ensuring timely staffing of these positions and providing metrics throughout the hiring season
• Creating a new business staffing approach and ensuring hiring ahead of need, including obtaining buy\-in and leading implementation across SMD
Typically has 10\+ years of professional work experience\.
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space\. At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder\. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems\. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products\. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you\.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big\-picture thinking\.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually\. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy: • Medical • Dental • 401k • Paid time off • Work/life balance • Career development • Mentorship opportunities • Rewards & recognition
• Minimum of 1\-2 years of Lead or Leadership experience
• Strong project management skills \(planning, coordination and execution\)
• Strong data analysis and reporting skills
• Ability to quickly establish effective working relationships
• Strong partnering and collaboration skills
• Experience leading strategic initiatives
• Executive presence briefing or working with executives
• Workforce planning experience for a large complex organization
• US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
• Prior experience and knowledge and understanding of the SMD LOB
• Demonstrated staffing experience working with the Lockheed Martin recruiting team and knowledge of hiring processes
• Knowledge of workforce planning tools and systems
• Active Secret clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status\.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours\. Our customers tackle the hardest missions\. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision\. They’re dangerous\. Critical\. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives\. Those are the missions we care about\.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges\. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U\.S\., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories\.