Rip Saw Operator- Experienced
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
DEMOPOLIS, AL 36732
- Inspect and measure workpieces to mark for cuts and to verify the accuracy of cuts, using rulers, squares, or caliper rules.
- Adjust saw blades, using wrenches and rulers, or by turning handwheels or pressing pedals, levers, or panel buttons.
- Mount and bolt sawing blades or attachments to machine shafts.
- Set up, operate, or tend saws or machines that cut or trim wood to specified dimensions, such as circular saws, band saws, multiple-blade sawing machines, scroll saws, ripsaws, or crozer machines.
- Inspect stock for imperfections or to estimate grades or qualities of stock or workpieces.
- Monitor sawing machines, adjusting speed and tension and clearing jams to ensure proper operation.
- Sharpen blades or replace defective or worn blades or bands, using hand tools.
- Guide workpieces against saws, saw over workpieces by hand, or operate automatic feeding devices to guide cuts.
- Clear machine jams, using hand tools.
- Lubricate or clean machines, using wrenches, grease guns, or solvents.
- Adjust bolts, clamps, stops, guides, or table angles or heights, using hand tools.
- Examine logs or lumber to plan the best cuts.
- Trim lumber to straighten rough edges or remove defects, using circular saws.
- Count, sort, or stack finished workpieces.
- Position and clamp stock on tables, conveyors, or carriages, using hoists, guides, stops, dogs, wedges, or wrenches.
- Measure and mark stock for cuts.
- Operate panelboards of saw or conveyor systems to move stock through processes or to cut stock to specified dimensions.
- Examine blueprints, drawings, work orders, or patterns to determine equipment set-up or selection details, procedures to be used, or dimensions of final products.
- Pull tables back against stops and depress pedals to advance cutterheads that shape stock ends.
- Select saw blades, types or grades of stock, or cutting procedures to be used, according to work orders or supervisors’ instructions.
- Cut grooves, bevels, or miters, saw curved or irregular designs, and sever or shape metals, according to specifications or work orders.
- Unclamp and remove finished workpieces from tables.
- Dispose of waste material after completing work assignments.