Systems Engineer - SPIE #AER0003SZ/3TU
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35806
Provide systems management support for the Space Launch System (SLS) Spacecraft and Payload Integration and Evolution (SPIE) Office. Provide SPIE Requirements Development, Verification, and Validation support to include:
• Technical expertise to support systems engineering and management functions to develop, trace, verify and validate subsystem requirements leading up to flight-certification.
• Development and maintenance of contract end item (CEI) requirements for the multiple SPIE sub-systems.
• Support SPIE in the planning and conducting of SPIE Element Milestone Reviews including but not limited to:
o Preliminary Design Review (PDR),
o Critical Design Review (CDR), and
o Design Certification Reviews (DCR) to meet the requirements of NASA Procedural Requirements NPR 7123.2.
Provide Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) Subsystem support to include:
• Technical support to the SPIE Element to support a broad range of SE&I functions.
• Documentation of requirements, compliance with SLS procedures, verification of SPIE Element milestone readiness, data integration and management and providing data to senior leadership of the Element for decision making purposes.
• Collaboration and integration of SE&I functions with Prime Contractors and numerous MSFC organizations.
3SZ Degree in Engineering or related field from an ABET-accredited university is required. Typically, educational requirements are the equivalent of a Ph.D., with a minimum 14 years of experience, Masters with at least 18 years of experience, or BS with at least 20 years of experience.
3TU Degree in Engineering or related field is required. Degree from an ABET-accredited university is preferred. Typically, educational requirements are the equivalent of a Ph.D., with a minimum 19 years of experience, Masters with at least 23 years of experience, or BS with at least 25 years of experience.
• Effective and creative management of technical, and scheduling challenges is required
• Ability to integrate management and technical functions to ensure informed decisions, be an effective communicator, serve as change package engineer (CPE), and represent SPIE at various meetings and interface with numerous contractors and government agencies is required.
• Familiarity with NASA MSFC processes, procedures and requirements is required.
• Experience in program integration, requirements development/management, verification and validation is required.
• Proficient with oral and written communication skills is required.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work in a team environment, consisting of government and contractors, and build collaborative relationships within and across organizations is highly desirable.
• Ability to work in a leadership role supporting government/customer interests to contractors and other NASA center organizations is highly desirable.