Technical Project Manager I
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Birmingham, AL 35242
Full time – Regular
Type of Hire
Requisition will be sent to PeopleFluent
Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Computer Science, Bachelor of Management Information Systems
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
ABOUT THE TEAM
FIS is currently hiring for a Technical Project Manager I. This position is open for our Hoover AL, Milwaukee WI, or St. Petersburg FL location. As a Project Manager, you will work with an exciting and collaborative team within the Image and Remittance group. We are passionate about our work and take a client-first approach to everything we do. There are great opportunities for learning within this group
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of assigned technical projects. In addition, you will:
- Plans and coordinates all aspects of technical projects from initiation through delivery.
- Manages project initiation activities including identifying contractual obligations, client needs and goals, existing situation, necessary contacts and access to existing information as needed.
- Ensures requirements for internal technology projects align to operational standards. Develops alternate requirements or document exceptions as appropriate.
- Develops, defines and executes project plans, project scope, activities, schedules, budgets and deliverables.
- Interacts with product development, sales, client relationship teams, technology solutions, service delivery and/or other cross-functional teams.
- Identifies needed resources for projects, defines and assigns major project roles.
- Coordinates activities and tasks among project team members, other internal departments and client or vendor/subcontractor organizations as needed to meet project goals and ensure project completion is on schedule, within budget constraints and of the appropriate quality standards for the project scope.
WHAT YOU BRING
- You will have Leadership experience, 3 or more years of experience preferred
- You will have 2-3 years of Project Manager Experience
- You must have 2-3 years of Financial services industry experience
- You will have Agile/Scrum Methodology – strongly preferred
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- Attractive benefits including vacation/sick pay, private medical coverage, dental coverage, 401K match, Stock options, travel insurance and… For full info follow application link.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply.
If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check)
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.