Laborer - Sanitation
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Guntersville, AL 35976
The City of Guntersville currently has an opening for Laborer with the Sanitation Department. The primary essential functions and knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Collects garbage from residential and commercial containers.
2. Assist in emptying filled sanitation trucks.
3. Collects recyclables, sorts, and prepares for shipping
4. Performs related work as assigned or required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Some knowledge of equipment used in sanitation work.
2. Ability to understand and follow simple oral & written instructions.
3. Ability to operate simple machinery.
4. Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with the general public, supervisors, and co-workers while performing tasks with courtesy and tact.
5. Ability to work overtime hours when necessary.
6. Ability to perform essential functions of the job.
1. Possess and maintain a valid Alabama driver’s license with driving record suitable for insurability.
1. Sufficient physical strength to lift at least 50 pounds and carry it to the truck, ability to walk 8 hours a day.
2. Sufficient physical strength and agility to perform manual labor and