Cashier - Spanish Fort
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Spanish Fort, AL 36577
GOODWILL EASTERSEALS OF THE GULF COAST
TITLE: Cashier DATE WRITTEN: 01/2018
DEPARTMENT: Donated Goods SUPERVISED BY: Store Manager. Asst. Mgr.
SUPERVISES: n/a STATUS: Non-exempt, Part-time or Full-time
Mission Contribution: Providing funding for our mission services operation.
Function: Makes customers feel welcomed and appreciated by greeting and accurately ringing sales transactions in a friendly manner.
Ensures World Class donor and customer service, answers phone in three rings, greeting customers within 10 seconds and providing friendly service and information, thanking customers at the end of a sale and inviting them back.
- Acknowledges all customer and employees within a 10 foot radius.
- Operates cash register, receives payments for purchases and records sales and other transactions.
- Balances cash drawers at the end of shift, having no more than three $5.00 over/under discrepancies in any three month period.
- Encourage customers to donate through the change round up program.
Checks and cleans dressing rooms.
Retrieves shopping carts from the parking lot.
Places apparel and other items for sale on the proper racks and shelves.
Removes empty hangers from the racks on the sales floor.
- Ensures a clean and empty work station at the end of each shift.
Pulls and rotates store merchandise as instructed by supervisor or manager.
- Assists with putting carts of merchandise on the floor.
Transfers racks from the back room to the sales floor.
Maintains the image of the sales floor and assists in store housekeeping including daily cleaning of the floor, fixtures, and restrooms.
- Maintains adherence to all company policies and procedures.
Other duties as assigned.
Skills, knowledge and abilities: (these are required to enable job holder to perform the essential functions of the job).
- Must be able to interact cordially and productively with a variety of people.
Must be able to count money quickly and accurately.
Must be able to market Goodwill Easterseals and explain the mission to the general public.
- Must be able to take initiative and work well with little supervision.
- Must be able to maintain an effective working relationship with, and among employees.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
- Ability to function in a hectic work environment with occasional periods of high stress.
Must pass a drug screen, including random drug testing as required by the Drug Free Workplace policy.
Experience and Education Requirements:
High School diploma or GED preferred, but not required.
Prior work experience in the service industry preferred.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 25 lbs. frequently and 75 lbs. with assistance occasionally.
- Ability to use fingers, hands and wrists, repetitively.
- Ability to engage in frequent bending, stretching, stooping, standing, walking, and twisting.
- Ability to push equipment on wheels weighing 50 lbs. to 150 lbs.
Frequent physical exertion; exposure to unfit donated goods.
Critical Performance Factors:
- Customer Service
- Safety/Accident Prevention
- Accuracy of entering sales transactions, accepting payment and issuing correct change
Change round up donations above 40%
Employee signature below constitutes employee’s understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position. I will be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without accommodation.
Applicant / Employee’s Signature Date
Supervisor/Manager’s Signature Date