Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Sulligent, AL 35586
Description: Install upholstery onto newly manufactured furniture.
Read work orders or other instructions to determine product specifications or materials requirements.
Skills: Read work orders, and apply knowledge and experience with materials to determine types and amounts of materials required to cover workpieces.
Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks. Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations. Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
Duties: • Fit, install, and secure material on frames, using hand tools, power tools, glue, cement, or staples.
• Build furniture up with loose fiber stuffing, cotton, felt, or foam padding to form smooth, rounded surfaces.
• Examine furniture frames, upholstery, springs, and webbing to locate defects.
• Attach fasteners, grommets, buttons, buckles, ornamental trim, and other accessories to covers or frames, using hand tools.
• Read work orders, and apply knowledge and experience with materials to determine types and amounts of materials required to cover workpieces.
• Draw cutting lines on material following patterns, templates, sketches, or blueprints,
• Measure and cut new covering materials, using patterns and measuring and cutting instruments, following sketches and design specifications.