Seasonal Lifeguard I
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
DOTHAN , AL 36303
NOTE: This is a SEASONAL position with a scheduled end date of approximately September 15, 2020.
Closing Date: Position open until filled.
- A current Red Cross Lifeguard Training Certificate is required for this position. Applicants may apply with the intention of obtaining this certification, however your name will not be considered for review until the certification is received in the Personnel Department.
- This person is responsible for maintaining a safe environment for swimmers, saving lives, teaching swimming lessons, and helping with the operation and maintenance of the swimming pool.
- Generally 40+ hours a week with two days off each week. Hours vary based on facility needs. Night, weekend, and holiday work required. Full time May through August (depending on Dothan City Schools calendar).
Andrew Belle, Doug Tew, Walton Park, Wiregrass Park, and Westgate Pools:
- Based on programs at the Recreation Centers.
Examples of Duties:
- Job responsibilities include teaching assigned classes; life guarding; and maintenance of pool, locker rooms, and deck area.