Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Northport, AL 35476
- Mig Weld with multiple diameter wires
- Hard Surface Welding
- Air Arc /Gauging
- Operation of Over Head Cranes
- Operation of various Forklift types
- Minor Fitting
1) Welds or tack welds metal parts together, using spot welding gun or hand, electric, or gas welding equipment.
2) Connects hoses from torch to tanks of oxygen and fuel gas, and turns valves to release mixture.
3) Ignites torch and regulates flow of gas and air to obtain desired temperature, size, and color of flame.
4) Preheats workpieces preparatory to welding or bending, using torch.
5) Fills cavities or corrects malformation in lead parts and hammers out bulges and bends in metal workpieces.
6) Examines workpiece for defects and measures workpiece with straightedge or template to ensure conformance with specifications.
7) Climbs ladders or works on scaffolds to disassemble structures.
8) Signals crane operator to move large workpieces.
9) Dismantles metal assemblies or cuts scrap metal, using thermal-cutting equipment such as flame-cutting torch or plasma-arc equipment.
10) Positions and secures workpiece, using hoist, crane, wire and banding machine, or hand tools.
11) Selects, positions, and secures torch, cutting tips, or welding rod, according to type, thickness, area, and desired temperature of metal.