Public Transportation Driver
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chatom, AL 36518
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position requires a person who can understand the regulations set by the Alabama Department of Transportation. Must adhere to all ECI policies/ALDOT policies; federal/state/local transportation laws; must be able to pass required drug/alcohol testing.
1. Treat each person served with dignity and respect at all times.
2. Keep riders and people served safe at all times.
3. Properly operate vehicles in accordance with ECI’s policies, ALDOT policies, state/local law; this includes adhering to posted speed limit at all times. .
4. Ensure that all riders conform to safety policies.
5. Perform daily vehicle inspection and submit all maintenance requests to the Transportation Coordinator.
6. Maintain up-to-date log book.
7. Properly maintain cleanliness of vehicles being sure that both the interior and exterior of the vehicle is clean.
8. Adhere to “Distracted Driver” policy.
9. Attending all necessary training sessions as scheduled by the immediate supervisor.
10. Performing all tasks in accordance with ECI’s policies and procedures.
11. Attend all events and activities as scheduled by Executive Director.
12. Take an active role in fundraising efforts.
13. And other duties as assigned by the supervisor or Executive Director.
Day to Day:
1. Staff is dependable and arrives to required shift(s) on time.
2. Staff follows instruction/direction/policies.