Low Voltage Technician
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35801
Direct Hire, with full benefits available
The Communications Technician II must possess the ability to perform the technical responsibilities of a Cable Installer and function as a lead member of a technical team. The Technician II will coordinate small groups of installers in the performance of daily workload including adherence to Company safety and quality standards.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Communications Technician will install a work area outlet for floor, modular furniture and wall (terminate CAT 3 & CAT 5 jacks. Mount face plates and surface mount boxes correctly. Adhere to IES COMMERCIAL labeling standards).
- The Communications Technician will build closets (Mount and install backboards, cross connects, racks, patch panels, fiber optic and hardware). Install grounding for racks, equipment and cable as required. Complete all IDC connections (e.g. terminate 110/66 blocks and patch panels).
- The Communications Technician performs testing: continuity test horizontal and riser cable; use of volt-ohmmeter; troubleshoot opens, crosses, shorts and transpose pairs on horizontal and riser cable; use a tone set.
- The Communications Technician will identify active voice or data circuits.
- The Communications Technician will assume responsibility for effective performance of crew and provide necessary training; coordinate personnel and timeline to complete project.
Employer’s Job# 2020-7465
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.