TES Compensation Technician, Human Resources
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Auburn, AL 36849
Home Org Name Human Resources
Division Name VP for Bus-Fin & CFO
Position Title TES Compensation Technician, Human Resources
Estimated Hours Per Week 40
Temporary Employment Services (TES), a unit of the Auburn University Department of Human Resources, is an in-house support center established to meet the temporary employment needs of the university. TES provides qualified and dedicated temporary employees in a wide variety of occupations to meet the staffing needs throughout the campus. Temporary employees are hired for a variety of reasons with the most common being:
-Assistance in the place of a regular employee who is absent for a specified period of time
-Additional assistance during periods of abnormal or peak workloads
-Assistance with special projects
If you are looking for an employment opportunity, TES is a great way to showcase your professional skills and assist Auburn University while gaining valuable work experience within higher education.
TES is currently seeking a Compensation Technician supporting core compensation processes and providing administrative support through the first half of an extensive, campus-wide market study.
- Processes compensation requests by validating the requested title, grade, and position. Logs the requests in Smart Sheet to be sent to the Compensation Specialist.
- Once a request is processed, completes a HR-35 and sends to the correct department for approval.
- Creates folders and maintains correct documentation for each PCLS code.
- Processes the Job Code Maintenance Forms by updating Banner, uploading the job description to the website, and sending the correct documents to AA/EEO.
- Inputs, edits, and maintains information in multiple information systems and desktop applications. Creates biweekly compensation processes reports.
- Converts paper documents to digital by properly indexing and scanning documents into electronic files ensuring clarity of document content.
- Creates and modifies position class and position information within the Banner ERP.
- Other compensation related duties as needed.
Minimum Education and Experience
Education Level High School Diploma or Equivalent
Field of Study
Years of Experience
Area of Experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a professional Human Resources or other fast-paced business environment.
- Full proficiency in the usage of formulas, pivot tables, and v-lookup functions in MS Excel.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Keen attention to detail and an aptitude for problem-solving.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or relevant field highly desirable.
Posting Detail Information
Salary Range $10.00 – $15.00
Work Hours 7:45am-4:45pm
Posting Date 01/15/2020
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Quick Link for Internal Postings http://www.auemployment.com/postings/6143