Systems Engineer #AER0003WR/3WQ
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35806
This opportunity will provide systems engineering, requirements management, verification and validation (V&V) coordination, and element/system level integration support to the MSFC Systems Requirements, Verification & Validation Branch (EV73) for the Human Landing System (HLS) elements, and to the MSFC Systems Engineering and Integration Division (EV70).
The successful candidate will coordinate and interface with multiple engineering disciplines, system elements, cross-program elements and customers, as well as participate in reviews, meetings, working groups, task teams, and trade studies. The candidate will supply leadership and/or support for the development of key systems engineering products including requirements specifications, support program/project milestones and subsequent activities where these products are assessed and matured. The successful candidate will work with the Human Landing System element customers/partners from inception to deployment in order to ensure stakeholder needs are satisfied.
The system engineering support that the candidate will provide and perform includes:
• Support the development of key systems engineering products to include system specifications, configuration item description and effectivity products, functional analysis and decomposition, and analyses to support program/project milestones and the subsequent activities where these products are assessed and matured.
• Provide technical integration with other engineering disciplines, Human Landing System elements and cross-program elements, including risk-based insight/oversight through traceability and assessment of requirements and verification activities.
• Support Human Landing System element and/or subsystem design trades and analysis necessary to validate the requirements, maintain control of the design baseline, and continually track compliance of the design to the requirements during design, development, testing and evaluation.
• Provide support for requirement V&V; including V&V planning, execution, coordination, and integration for system level requirements to assure design compliance.
• Communicate issues, best practices, lessons-learned and other technical positions related to systems engineering, requirement management, and V&V practices and procedures.
• Develop integrated schedules and other tracking mechanisms to manage the work and identify risks and opportunities.
• Implement Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) best practices, approaches, techniques, and tools.
• Identify, describe, and communicate potential risks related to the products, processes and interactions in the systems engineering processes and document them in the NASA Risk Management System.
Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Systems Engineering or related field required. Degree from of an ABET accredited university preferred.
(3WQ) Typically, educational requirements are the equivalent of an MS with at least 3 total years of relevant experience or a BS with at least 5 total years of relevant experience in systems engineering and integration.
(3WR) Typically, educational requirements are the equivalent of an MS with at least 13 total years of relevant experience or a BS with at least 15 total years of relevant experience in systems engineering and integration.