Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Troy, AL 36079
Responsible for acting as a liaison between customers and company. Assists with complaints, orders, errors, account questions, billing, cancelations, and other queries.
• Resolve customer complaints via phone, email, or mail.
• Use telephones to reach out to customers and verify account information.
• Utilize computer technology to enter orders and prepare reports.
• Deal directly with customers either by telephone, electronically or face to face
• Respond promptly to customer inquiries
• Handle and resolve customer complaints
• Obtain and evaluate all relevant information to handle product and service inquiries
• Provide pricing and delivery information
• Set up new customer accounts
• Process orders, forms, applications and requests
• Organize workflow to meet customer timeframes
• Direct requests and unresolved issues to the designated resource
• Manage customers’ accounts
• Keep records of customer interactions and transactions
• Record details of inquiries, comments and complaints
• Prepare and distribute customer activity reports
• Maintain customer databases
• Manage office administration
• Communicate and coordinate with internal departments
• Follow up on customer interactions
• Provide feedback on the efficiency of the customer service process
• Schedule and dispatch warehouse personnel, and/or company trailers to appropriate locations according to customer requests, specifications, or needs.
• Monitor personnel and/or equipment locations and utilization in order to coordinate service and schedules.
• Function as the focal point in creating a production schedule for Cox Container using the best combination of Excel, and Quickbooks.
• Monitor and report performance to schedule of production activities utilizing information derived from the production department.
• Research and assign manufacturing times and due dates for customer orders.
• Monitor quality, service, and delivery issues, and take corrective actions as needed.
• Identify and resolve supplier and internal errors that result in schedule discrepancies.
• Provide continual improvement of the planning and reporting processes.
• Function as the focal point to move towards a more efficient system of entering customer orders.
• Perform other duties as assigned to insure the success of various departments, individuals, and the company.
• Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction.
• Demonstrated passion for excellence with respect to treating and caring for customers
• Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
• Has “thick skin” and is able to handle complaints and unpleasant customers.
• Strong decision making and analytical abilities.
• Strong detail orientation and communication/listening skills.
• Possess a strong work ethic and team player mentality.
• 1+ years of experience in a customer service or help desk capacity required.
Education and Experience
* High school diploma, general education degree or equivalent
* Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
* Knowledge of basic accounting principles
* Knowledge of logistics and scheduling
* Knowledge of relevant computer applications
* Ability to type
* Knowledge of administrative procedures
* Numeric, oral and written language applications