Technical Interpreter and Translator
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Dadeville, AL 36853
Job Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in English Literature
• Provide written translation of transformer manufacturing manuals to internal customers including the expatriate engineers and local workers (15%);
• Coordinate with internal departments such as HR, safety, production, purchasing, and maintenance to prepare translated instructions and guidelines (15%);
• Study internal work processes and operation standards with the managers before translating important work orders and manuals (10%);
• Provide simultaneous and consecutive verbal interpretation between Korean and English at the transformer manufacturing plant (15%);
• Assist expatriate officers and managers and provide interpretation service in meetings and conference with local workers, vendors, clients, and government officials (5%);
• Teach skills and knowledge in Korean language to local employees and English to expatriates (10%);
• Develop lesson plans and supplementary materials compatible with the basic instructional philosophy (10%);
• Build engineering and technical terminology database for both English and Korean for future communication reference (10%); and
• Coordinate with IT personnel to create internal web pages and translate Korean documents in English for local employees (10%).