Outside Sales Representative
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
Are you a dynamic sales rep interested in helping local businesses? If so, we’d love to have you join our sales team! We need someone who truly appreciates the connection between marketing and sales, someone who genuinely gets excited with each and every sale – big or small. Our Lamar office in Tuscaloosa, Alabama is now hiring a new Outside Sales Representative (salary + commission) to help us bring innovative outdoor advertising campaigns to life for brands in Tuscaloosa, AL and the surrounding areas.
Lamar Advertising is one of the largest outdoor advertising companies in the world. Lamar offers advertisers a variety of advertising formats, helping both local businesses and national brands stand out from the competition. We live by the Golden Rule, and we operate with honesty and integrity in every aspect of our business. We are open with our employees, transparent with our customers, and loyal to the communities in which we serve. We have been in business over 100 years, and we have stayed true to our mission and values. While Lamar is a large company, each office has its own culture and family atmosphere, making employees feel connected both locally and nationally.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive compensation & benefits package for all full-time employees. Some of our benefit offerings include, but are not limited to, multiple medical plan options, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation/sick time, 401K plan, and incentivized wellness programs.
First year earning potential for our newly hired Outside Sales Representative is usually around $40,000 – $65,000 / year, dependent on experience and selling ability. We do not cap commissions, so earning potential is unlimited in subsequent years as you grow your book of business! We also provide monthly auto and cell allowances for work-related expenses.
The purpose of the Outside Sales Representative (i.e. Sales Account Executive) is to meet and exceed sales objectives in the assigned territory by promoting and selling outdoor advertising to qualified advertisers. An Account Executive (AE) is expected to use professional sales techniques, build relationships, and develop long term advertising relationships that grow Lamar advertising sales.
- Meet and exceed sales targets, make at least 10 sales calls per day of which 2 calls are new business.
- Target every business within their assigned territory/account list, visit each established Lamar client and our competitor’s client at least once per month, Identify potential growth areas and open new accounts, Increase Lamar’s market share Sell all products – Posters, Bulletins, Digital Displays, and Transit (where applicable).
- Become proficient in the use of Lamar computer tools to locate Co-op prospects, follow-up on Hot Leads, prepare proposals, and research
- Prepare written presentations, reports and proposals, become an active team member of Lamar, become an active member of the advertising community
- Develop presentation skills utilizing computer tools and present to clients on a regular basis Maintain accounts receivable Continually develop new product knowledge and acquire better selling skills
- Keep abreast of competition – particularly newspaper, radio, TV, cable and yellow pages
- Actively participate in sale meetings, regional meeting, seminars and trade shows
- Actively input and maintain a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform.
- Plan each day, week and month before the month starts, plan each call
- Maintain a professional sales appearance
- Use sales tools, Complete daily planner/sales program after each call and at the end of the… For full info follow application link.
Lamar is an EOE/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans or any other State or Federally protected characteristic