Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Birmingham, AL 35205
With more than 2,000 professionals in 13 states, our headquarters in Charlotte, NC is just the beginning of where you can find a career with us. DHG ranks among the top 20 public accounting firms in the nation, and we work with clients locally, nationally, and internationally every day. In each DHG office, you’ll discover a caring culture and a place where you can build a valuable career.
- Responsible for managing all phases of an engagement from planning to issuance of financial statements
- Reviews workpapers, financial statements and other documents, responsible for finalizing all client documents, may prepare more complex audit areas
- Coordinates with the Senior Manager, or Partner on all phases of the engagement, including execution of the engagement letter, communications with the client, staffing requirements, job planning, and scheduling
- Exercises independent thinking skills by making decisions related to engagements to include assessment of engagement risks, determining which procedures to perform to arrive at a desired level of assurance, and evaluating evidence
- Communicates with Partner on complex and/or important issues
- Evaluates the client’s system of internal control, and conducts the engagement plan, preparation, and execution
- Promptly brings to the attention of the Senior Manager, or Partner any significant findings or questions that involve accounting principles or financial statement presentation
- Provide mentoring and development to staff on an ongoing basis
- Sound judgment with the ability to make decisions in an effective and efficient manner
- At all times, maintain an executive presence and professional demeanor, reflective of the Firm
- 5 – 10 years of experience in audit required
- Strong MS Office skills required
- Knowledge of accounting software systems preferred
- BS in Accounting from an accredited university required
- CPA Certification required
- Masters in Accounting preferred
- Ability and willingness to meet travel demands required
DHG endeavors to make the DHG Recruiting Website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please use this email link firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation request only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications or system support.
DHG is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, and if you would like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please review “Employment Notices and Disclaimers” link at the bottom of the web page.