Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
HELENA, AL 35022
Performs or assists in the performance of various operations and maintenance duties on the pipeline right of way and at remote delivery terminals, tank farms and static locations to insure safe and efficient operation of the pipeline, protection of the environment and compliance with state and federal regulations and company policies and procedures. Involved in receiving, storing, and transporting refined liquid petroleum products.
- Performs or assists in the performance of various operations and facility and Right of Way maintenance tasks and duties in compliance with company policies and procedures and regulatory requirements. Tasks involve the use of various mechanical, measuring & testing devices, hand and other tools, computers and other equipment, and driving company vehicles. Duties involve climbing tank stairs, digging, manually opening and closing large valves, regularly lifting 40 to 50 lbs. and occasionally moving or lifting up to 100 lbs, and other physical activities.
- Performs operator level product sampling using test equipment.
- Uses and prepares various documents, including DOT documents.
- Accepts delivery of liquid petroleum products and delivers product from the pipeline system, coordinating plans for custody transfers with customer representatives when necessary.
- Provides HAZWOPER and Resource Conservation and Recovery Act support and is involved in emergency response activities.
- Some employees will, on a regularly assigned basis, perform work on or related to the right of way or the pipeline on the right of way, although they can be used on the tank farms or stationary sites if needed. Employees regularly assigned to perform work on tank farms or static work sites may, if needed, be assigned to perform work related to the right of way or the pipeline on the right of way.
- Drive company vehicle to work sites away from base location.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Relevant 2 year Associate Degree or 4 year degree preferred.
- Prior experience in petroleum industry or chemical process or power plant or electrical and or mechanical experience preferred.
- 3 – 5 years post high school education or employment experience or a combination equaling 3 – 5 years.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and be insurable by the Company Insurance Carrier.
- Basic computer skills. (Microsoft Word, Excel and Email).
- Send and receive email, perform inventory accounting, and enter repair work orders, etc.
- Ability to accept supervision / direction and work cooperatively with other people.
- Good oral and written communications in English.
- Employees regularly assigned to right of way related work must be able to diplomatically and tactfully deal with people in normal and potentially contentious situations.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations in the performance of some duties. Calculators and computers are available.
- Ability & dependability to perform job duties with little or no supervision.
- Ability to recognize, define and effectively resolve problems individually or collectively within a group and in ambiguous situations.
- Must satisfactorily complete all training including passing evaluations & tests at O&M level Start
- Ability to manually open and close valves, dig, unload arriving material, lift, carry/move weights regularly weighing 40 -50 lbs and occasionally up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to walk on paved, gravel or other uneven surfaces.
- Ability to manipulate and use hand tools in performance of various maintenance functions.
- Ability to see to perform various administrative and field operator and maintenance tasks.
- Ability to stand; walk, sit, ascend / descend stairs; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk and hear.
- Work schedule as necessary (days, afternoon / evening, grave yard shifts) including overtime and call-outs as may be necessary, including weekends and holidays. Work rotating shift schedules that operate 24 hours/ day, 7days/ week on static work sites.
- Work outside in all weather conditions in daylight and darkness.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.