Systems Engineer - CCP Vehicle Propulsion #AER0003GM
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35806
The Systems Engineer will work in a highly integrated team performing technical and integration activities to support Commercial Crew Program (CCP) main propulsion systems and launch vehicles.
Primary duties for the Systems Engineer may include, but are not limited to:
• Attend technical interchange, project planning, design review and other appropriate meetings to maintain a current knowledge base of design, requirements, issues, action items, and resolution activities.
• Identify issues, pursue resolutions, and provide supporting analyses.
• Develop requirements and implement risk management processes.
• Translate higher level requirements into lower level functional requirements and design options. Conduct trade studies/ assessments to determine the optimal design solutions.
• Collect data and perform assessments on the NASA partner launch vehicles and system to continually assess compliance against human rating certification requirements as defined by the CCP program office
• Identify and pursue resolution of issues.
• Identify and document customer objectives and product requirements.
• Provide integration insight, evaluation and review milestone review planning, document review and Review Item Discrepancy (RID) disposition at the Program and Element level.
• Evaluate Change Requests for impacts to propulsion Elements and vehicle integration.
• Verification and validation planning and execution for propulsion components, subsystems and integrated vehicle.
• System assessments and present to engineering review board with rationale and recommendations.
• Resolve any actions from chief engineer.
• Document and deliver results with recommendations.
• Assess propulsion system risks and issues associated with commercial crew launch vehicles.
• Perform analysis and provide systems engineering skills to support Commercial Crew Main Propulsion Systems engineering and integration.
• Develop requirements, models, and analysis tools.
• Provide analytical documentation such as trade studies, hazards assessments, fault tolerance designs, certifications for flight, launch vehicle data reviews.
• Support NASA mission management team during testing and launch operations.