Composite Worker (Regular)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Tallassee, AL 36078
MUST: 1) Apply on line on GKN website 2) Have resume ready for an interview
*Job Summary Skilled Operator working with Composites in a variety operations in including – layup of materials.
- Job Responsibilities:
- Compliance with all risk assessments and company Environment, Health & Safety Procedures relevant to all work activities including: Reporting of all incidents, accidents and near misses as per the company’s procedure and implementation of identified corrective actions.
- Responsible for keeping machines tidy and maintain good standards of housekeeping in designated work area
- Ensure parts are produced on a ‘right first time’ basis
- Ensure that any calibrated equipment used is within date
- Responsible for the timely clearance of work phases using the ERP system
- Responsible for highlighting any non-conformance to the Process Team Leader
- Adhering to the requirements of the GKN Quality Procedures To hold first party inspection approval
- Record all downtime on OEE sheets where applicable
- Management of machine stoppages with maintenance and escalation as required
- Completion of Total Preventative Maintenance (TPM) where applicable
- Awareness of Export control requirements