Machine Operator Trainee
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Troy, AL 36079
A Machine Operator Trainee is a packer that has shown mechanical aptitude. The Machine Operator trainee is primarily responsible for packing bottles where assigned. When time permits they are trained to perform Machine operator I responsibilities. During this training the Machine Operator Trainee is responsible for tending blow mold machines and related line axillary equipment to include grinding rooms. A Machine Operator Trainee must be able to recognize problems and seek out appropriate assistance to resolve the problem.
- Pack Bottles on all production lines
- Ensure compliance with corporate and plant safety standards and with applicable laws and regulations issued by regulatory agencies
- Adhere to quality control procedures
- Inspect plastic for contamination and wash/cut to remove contamination when necessary
- Starts feed conveyors, or shovels or dumps materials into grinder.
- Starts grinder and observes ground product discharged for impurities, lumps, or improperly sized particles.
- Cleans grinders and grinding rooms, using air hose, scrapers, brooms, and brushes.
- Cleans Hopper filters as required.
- May shovel ground product into containers for storage, shipment, or further processing.
- Start and Stop Blow Mold Machines
- Assist with preventive maintenance on equipment
- Grind excess bottles and material
- Recognize problems with the process and seek appropriate assistance
- Prepare and complete all required documentation
- Assist packers on line
- Keep box machines loaded at all times when running
- Other duties as assigned by management
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
• 1 year of previous experience in a mechanical position or 2 years’ experience as a packer with demonstrated mechanical skills.
• Previous experience in a blow molding environment preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Machine Operator Trainee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job,
• The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee is regularly required to use hand tools.
• The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee frequently is required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the Machine Operator Trainee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts in a production environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Temperatures inside the grinding rooms and warehouse will fluctuate between hot and cold according to seasonal changes. Personal protective equipment (PPE) is required in the production department, grinding rooms, and other designated areas.