Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35805
General Dynamics Mission Systems
Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or a related technical field, or equivalent experience is required. Agile experience preferred
Applicants selected may be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems has immediate openings for an Entry Level Software Engineer. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
As an Entry Level Software Engineer, you will:
- Assist in software requirements analysis, design, development and testing for software enhancements and new products
- Apply the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of technical engineering products
- Support and develop our technical culture by being engaged, intellectually curious, friendly, motivated to solve complex problems, and inspired to deliver superior user-centered design
- Participate in internal reviews of software components and systems
Candidates should have demonstrated strengths and experience in some of the following areas:
- Web Services and Web Application Development
- Computer science theory (e.g., data structures, algorithms, computational complexity)
- Appreciation for user-centric design
- Full use and understanding of software engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Effective communication and attention to detail
- Strong fundamentals in data structures and algorithms
- Solid object oriented programming and software design skills
- Proficient in: C++, C.#, and .NET
Other beneficial common programming patters/paradigms:
- Experience with version control systems
- Concurrent programming and building multi-threaded systems
- Memory and CPU profiling
- Data modeling and writing efficient data access methods
- Experience with distributed systems
- Direct-manipulation user interfaces
- Information visualization
- HCI coursework
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran