Membership & Administration Coordinator
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Mobile, AL 36602
Membership & Administrator Coordinator
Fundraising/Organizational Development Mobile, AL
TITLE: Membership & Administrator Coordinator
TYPE: Full Time, exempt employee
EMPLOYER: Mobile Baykeeper
LOCATION: Mobile, AL
REPORTS TO: Development Director
START DATE: As early as February 1, 2020
About Mobile Baykeeper
Mobile Baykeeper is the voice of the Mobile Bay Watershed and our coastal communities. We exist to advocate for the watershed and Coastal Alabama, protecting clean water, clean air, and healthy communities.
We solve pollution problems through thorough, accurate research; through strong relationships with business, industry, government, and agency leaders that ensure responsible growth; and through citizen education and engagement. These core focus areas drive our mission to provide citizens a means to protect the beauty, health, and heritage of the Mobile Bay Watershed and coastal communities.
The Role of the Membership & Administrator Coordinator
The Membership & Administrator Coordinator, with direction from the Development Director, will assist in raising funds necessary to carry out the mission of Mobile Baykeeper. The Membership & Administrator Coordinator will assist with implementation of our membership plan to sustain, increase, diversify, and engage dues paying members and assist with database and office administration. The ideal candidate will have considerable experience with database management, meticulous attention to detail, superior interpersonal skills, creativity, and strong computer skills. The candidate will be a passionate protector of our environment and a strong advocate for the Mobile Bay Watershed.
Depending on the candidate this is may be a partial or full time position. Primary work hours will be scheduled during normal business hours (Monday-Friday 8:30 am-5 pm). Evening and weekend work is often required.
Duties and Responsibilities
Development (Fundraising, Membership, Special Events, and Grants)
Assist Development Director by monitoring, maintaining and reporting on membership, including but not limited to the following:
- Capture, track, and report all pledges, donations and receipts
- Record revenue transactions for events, membership, sponsorships and grants
- Cross-check database and financial accounting to ensure continuity and accuracy
- Develop reports to track membership needs
- Utilize Network for Good and Microsoft Word Mail Merge to coordinate the mailing of membership invoices, renewals, lapsed membered, donation acknowledgement letters and end of year letters
Research, identify, and track new and high-level membership prospects through electronic alerts, analysis, screening information, data mining techniques, demographic searches, etc.
- Coordinate Development Team schedule and organize data to ensure maximum focus on developing members
- Coordinate and train staff on the maintenance of membership database and intake of member information
- Coordinate with Development Director and Executive Director to create a task oriented dashboard for membership development
- Operates, and maintains centralized databases and recommends adjustments to database to enhance and improve research and prospect management-related tasks and reporting.
Serve as the point of contact to promote membership benefits and communicate professionally and effectively with existing and potential members.
- Leverage email marketing and online organizing tools to optimize member recruitment and conversion
- Assist operations by maintaining and monitoring fundraising and accounting systems and procedures capturing all member donations, sponsorships, grants, and receipts and recording revenue transactions.
- Work with communications to leverage email marketing and online organizing tools to optimize member recruitment and conversion
- Assist with development and implementation of membership development strategy
Assist Development Director in planning and execution of fundraising events
- Reception duties including phone and first contact with public
- Prepare general correspondence, meetings and other clerical duties
- Track office supply inventory and prepare supply orders
- Organize documents, paper and computer files per the Documents Retention and Destruction Policy
- Organize and track materials and supplies inventory
- Regularly review and update strategic plan
Assist Operations Manager with Board of Directors and staff internal communication
- Assist Communications Coordinator & Education and Outreach Coordinator with boosting external communications i.e. social media, newsletters, website, videos, etc.
- Table various local festivals and events
- Assist with the distribution of organizational materials to community groups, clubs, and organizations
- Assist with volunteer events and activities
- Write posts, articles and blogs highlighting the importance of membership
Gain and maintain big picture understanding of major issues and communicate to members as appropriate
- Create, develop, and implement member-focused programs
Database management experience
Highly proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Excellent verbal/written communications and computer skills
- Working knowledge of scheduling, and spreadsheets
- Detail oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Highly organized and flexible
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Must be self-directed and able to complete projects with limited supervision
Team player with an ability to interact effectively and respectfully with people from different cultures and experiences and those who live in nearby communities
- Strong verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively
Experience with Network for Good or a similar donor management tool
Working knowledge of email marketing programs such as Constant Contact, or a similar platform
Working knowledge of QuickBooks and Mac platforms
- Possession of a registered and insured personal vehicle, and a valid Alabama Drivers License
Development experience with a nonprofit organization, preferably within an environmental organization
- Strong data analysis and research skills
Demonstrated track record of successful fundraising experience that includes special events, corporate/foundation giving, donor cultivation and recognition, donor records, and acknowledgement
- Ability to develop and manage budgets and prepare financial reports
Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate, and manage new members and/or donors
- Knowledge of local area and surrounding waterways
- Familiarity with environmental issues
Bachelors Degree in relevant field
- Able to work on a computer, including sitting at a desk for extended periods; to read a computer screen; and manual dexterity to operate a keyboard
Able to lift, carry, and arrange small-to-large objects at major fundraising events
Able to climb stairs and occasionally lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds
Salary and benefits are competitive with Alabama non-profit environmental organizations; salary is commensurate with experience plus paid time off (PTO) and 100% individual health insurance benefits. The position requires travel within Mobile/Baldwin County area. Available to work occasionally on nights and weekends.
This position is open until filled.
Submit your cover letter and resume electronically here (bit.ly/BaykeeperMembershipJob). If you have trouble submitting electronically, please contact email@example.com
Mobile Baykeeper endeavors to provide equal opportunity to all qualified employees and
applicants for employment. All aspects of employment will be governed on the basis of merit,
competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion,
sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, political affiliation, or veteran status, or any
other basis prohibited by law. All decisions made with respect to recruiting, hiring and
promoting will be based on individual qualifications related to the requirements of the position.