Senior UNIX System Administrator
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Montgomery, AL 36115
Senior UNIX System Administrator
DMI (Digital Management, LLC.), the world’s first end-to-end mobility company, combines all the skills and services necessary to deliver mobile enterprise solutions. Built to reinvent business through mobility, DMI has expertise in mobile strategy, UX, web, and app development, omni-channel commerce, brand and marketing, IoT and big data analytics, and secure device and app management. The company’s unique, integrated approach to mobility has resulted in dramatic growth as well as an expanding client base, which includes hundreds of Fortune 1000 commercial clients and all fifteen U.S. Federal Departments. DMI is headquartered in Bethesda, MD, with satellite offices around the world. The company was named one of the in the Washington, DC area by The Washington Post and received Inc. Magazine’s Hire Power Award as one of the top 100 Private Job Creators in the US. Additional information is available at and on , , , and.
About the Opportunity
DMI (Digital Management, LLC.) is looking for a Senior UNIX System Administrator to support our DISA project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties of the position are based on a 24×7×365 schedule that includes shift work for UNIX server system administration tasks that include the following;
- Manage and maintain currently supported and subsequent UNIX based Operating Systems (OS) on physical and virtual operating environments, providing technical oversight and consultation services.
- Utilize UNIX scripting (Bourne, Korn, PERL, BASH, Powershell, etc.) to optimize and automate system administrator tasks.
- Provide technical support for disaster recovery efforts (actual or simulated).
- Perform hardware and software technology refreshes, ensuring milestone compliance while coordinating with MPs to minimize disruptions.
- Work with and manage Incident Management tickets within help desk ticketing system.
- Perform back-up/recovery functions for UNIX server environments.
- Perform all security/compliance functions for UNIX server environments, including (Assured Compliance Acceptance Center (ACAS), SPLUNK, Host Based Security System (HBSS), Enterprise Security Posture System (ESPS), etc.) to monitor and mitigate vulnerabilities and ensure compliance within specified timelines.
Education and Years of Experience:
- Min of 5 years of experience
- Relevant UNIX Server System Administration
- IA and OS certs per DoD 8570
- Secret clearance
- 50 hrs of continuing education every 3 yrs
Min. Citizenship Status Required: US Citizen only
Physical Requirement(s): No Physical requirement needed for this position.
Location: Montgomery, AL
Working at DMI
DMI is a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. Being part of the DMI family means we care about your wellbeing. As such, we offer a variety of perks and benefits that help met various interests and needs, while still having the opportunity to work directly with a number of our award winning, Fortune 1000 clients. The following categories make up your DMI wellbeing:
- Community – Blood drives, volunteering opportunities, Holiday parties, summer picnics, Tech Chef, Octoberfest just to name a few ways DMI comes together as a community.
- Convenience/Concierge – Virtual visits through health insurance, pet insurance, commuter benefits, discount tickets for… For full info follow application link.
The company does and will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veterans/Disability.