Heavy Duty Truck Engine Technician / Mechanic
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Dothan, AL 36301
Did you know there is a shortage of skilled technicians in the United States? Individuals with the ability to troubleshoot and repair equipment are among the most in demand in the workforce. Many of our most successful employees began their careers as Service Technicians. Our customers depend on our ability to fix it right the first time. Thompson Tractor Company is proud to represent Caterpillar, the world’s .#1 brand of construction, engine, on-highway truck, power generation, and material handling equipment. If you have what it takes to meet the high standards of a Caterpillar Technician apply online today to join our team.
The Technician is responsible for performing jobs involving servicing and repair of class 6-8 heavy duty truck and diesel engines of various types. The Technician will be expected to work both independently and on a team. Extensive on the job training, classroom instruction, and e-learning must be successfully completed to remain in the technician training program. The Technician will demonstrate initiative, commitment to team work, enthusiasm for customer service, and dedication to finding solutions in an efficient manner. The Technician will advance in Classification as attitude, skill level, and job performance allows.
Essential Job Functions
- Adheres to and follows all applicable and required safety standards and procedures
- Plans and performs minor repairs using correct tools and procedures
- Orders and return parts for assigned jobs in timely manner
- Ability to perform the following tasks on basic components in work area including engine, brakes, hydraulic, transmission, and electrical components: remove and install; disassemble and reassemble; perform minor adjustments
- Ability to perform Preventive Maintenance service according to factory guidelines
- Demonstrates proper use of service information systems
- Works as helper in field service with experienced Technician as required
- Works independently in the field as required
High School or Equivalent or better.
Licenses & Certifications
Driver’s License Personal
Fork Lift Certification
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the… For full info follow application link.
EEO/AA employer including individuals with disabilities and veterans.