VP, Business Development- Huntsville Office
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Hope Hull, AL 36043
Plant Master Planner
Position Title: Vice President, Business Development- Huntsville Office
Department: Business Development
Reports To: President and CEO
FLSA Status: Exempt
Prepared Date: 1/23/2020
Approved Date: 1/23/2020
Miltope manufactures rugged computers and computer devices. We have multiple offices located primarily in the United States. We encourage a healthy work life balance with our PTO programs and 9/80 work week. In addition we have excellent benefits such as tiered health plans through BCBS, 401k and various insurances that are employer paid.
This role develops policies, procedures and objectives for marketing the companys products and/or services. This employee directs the activities of the Business Development and Marketing personnel. Continually evaluates company markets share position and implements policies and procedures necessary to improve the companys competitive market position. The incumbent provides market expertise to other members of the companys management team and evaluates marketing strategies for effectiveness in meeting changing market conditions. This employee promotes changes to enhance the companys market position.
Essential Functions (To perform within this position successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.)
- Directs activities of the Business Development functions of the company to achieve company objectives for sales volume and market penetration.
- Directs activities of the marketing function, this includes competitive analysis, product and consumer research establishing sales, budgets and quotas, product pricing and distribution.
Directs activities of company field sales force, representatives and our distributors. Provides leadership, training, management and market support. Coordinates field sales effort to enhance ability of market personnel to work effectively and achieve goals.
Directs product and customer service activities. Responsible for maintaining satisfactory customer perceptions of company services and products.
- Analyzes actual sales and marketing performance against budgeted sales volumes and market penetration levels.
- Manages all advertising and sales promotional activities.
- Establishes and maintains contact with potential customers and actively participates in marketing efforts to support key accounts and a high level of sales.
- Manages departmental budgets.
- Develops and implements changes to marketing plans, programs, and strategies as necessary to achieve targeted market share.
- Working with other company executives, develops strategies for changes to existing products and services or development of new ones to increase company market share.
- Will be required to travel as need dictates.
- Perform other duties that may be required.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
Basic Qualifications (The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required and preferred for this position.)
Required Education & Experience:
- Four year Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or a technical equivalent.
An MBA preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Proven history of successful problem solving with strong sense of ownership and urgency
- Strategic managerial style
- Very strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to express clearly the financial status of the company and associated financial matters.
- Ability to achieve financial results.
- Ability to work with other members of the companys organization.
Over fifteen years progressive and proven experience in the business development arena at the manager executive level.
- Exceptional negotiating skills.
- Exceptional ability to work in harmony with teams throughout the company.
- The ability to excel in an external environment.
Preferred Education & Experience:
Preferred experience with Microsoft Dynamics
- Preferred experience in a technology based company
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Position environment is neutral with low to moderate noise exposure, in a seated position requiring the extended use of a computer and computer equipment. Frequent air and car travel.