Materials Research Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Birmingham, AL 35205
Position: Materials Research Engineer
Job Id: 3588
.# of Openings: 1
Materials Research Engineer
This position is responsible for applying scientific concepts, theories, and research practices in creative and innovative ways. Materials Engineer will prepare, present, and follow up on research proposals of limited to moderate size, scope, or duration; and working under general supervision where work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment and consistency with organizational goals and strategies.
Others may be added
- Generates research in and technical areas, producing yearly revenues of a set value or providing support for a set number of staff.
- Managing research projects of moderate size from initiation through machining, testing, analysis and reporting.
- Prepare, present, and follow-up on research proposals of limited to moderate size, scope, or duration.
- Responsible for leading and managing projects or project of limited to moderate size, scope, or duration.
- Develop or direct the development of research findings, draw conclusions, and make recommendations.
- Recommend changes in procedures and devise new approaches to deal with problems encountered.
- Review progress and evaluate results on research projects.
- Prepare and present reports to clients and the professional community.
- Meet research goals within time and cost constraints.
- Lead marketing and project development activities in defined market areas.
- Interact with research scientists and associates in multiple areas of the organization.
- Participate in the technical evaluation of assigned staff and in the identification of their development needs.
- Performs other duties as required by supervisor
- US Citizenship required.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain security clearance at a level equivalent to Department of Defense (DOD) SECRET
- MS degree in relevant discipline
- Relevant background in high temperature materials, lab testing or related materials discipline
- M.S. in Materials Engineering or Ceramics Engineering
- 1-5 years of experience in materials research
- Background in heat transfer, vacuum, composites, and/or ceramics
- Active Security clearance
Organizational Core Values
- Ethics – We adhere to a code of sound ethical behavior that builds trust and confidence in all we do. We clearly communicate expectations and provide reliable results and candid feedback to our employees, customers and stakeholders.
Safety and environment – We are an environmentally conscious, safety first organization. We value our employees and our planet and conduct our business consistent with that priority.
- Excellence – We understand and consistently meet or exceed our internal and external customer’s expectations. We are accountable for timelines, quality and cost.
- Individual and community focused – We promote an open, collaborative and supportive environment by respecting the rights and contributions of every individual. We openly communicate information and ideas to our stakeholders; customers; employees; and the larger community.
- Innovation – We explore ideas and create solutions to global needs. We use science and… For full info follow application link.
EOE / Minorities / Females / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity