IT Programmer Analyst - Associate
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Montgomery, AL 36104
Advanced Systems Design is seeking a IT Programmer Analyst – Associate for our client located in Montgomery, AL. This person will be responsible for developing and supporting Database Management Systems (DBMS) and applications.
This is beginning through mid-level professional programming and data analysis work, with responsibilities that include: analyzing, evaluating, and supporting existing applications and databases to support end-user needs. Analyzes data requirements, application and processing architectures, data dictionaries, and database schema(s), and then designs, develops, amends, optimizes, and certifies database schema design to meet system(s) requirements. Gathers, analyzes, and normalizes relevant information related to, and from business processes, functions, and operations to evaluate data credibility and determine relevance and meaning. Develops database and warehousing designs across multiple platforms and computing environments. Develops an overall data architecture that supports the information needs of the business in a flexible but secure environment.
The following programming skillsets are preferred:
- Support programs written in: VB, Access, FoxPro SQL (Database design and optimization, queries, stored procedures, scripts, etc.)
- Web Application Support: HTML5, ColdFusion .net C.# Analyze existing programs and develop/rewrite in .net/C.#
- Two (2) years of experience in computer programming utilizing high level languages to manipulate databases or files and produce outputs and reports, including two (1) year of experience in system analysis, defining system requirements, writing system specifications, and designing computer systems.
NOTE: Additional experience may substitute for the required degree.
- Two-year degree (AS/AA) from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Math, Information Technology or a related field, including 2 courses in programming.
- Two (2) years of experience in computer programming utilizing high level languages to manipulate databases or files and produce outputs and reports.
NOTE: Additional education and/or experience above that which is minimally required, may be substituted on a year-for-year basis.
Effective communication Ability to work independently in support of existing applications Ability to analyze existing code, document functions/procedures, develop/project planning for migrating to new programs written in .net/C.#. Documentation (Application Design, Projects, tasks, procedures, etc.) Work in a team environment Onsite full time in Montgomery, AL. NO remote work will be considered In Person interviews are preferred. Position is a 6-9 month contract period for evaluation. Upon consideration for employment, the potential applicant may be required to complete a background check and/or drug screening that will be conducted by the Agency.
Advanced Systems Design, Inc. is:
- A leading Information Technology provider for Federal, State & Local government agencies.
- A certified minority-owned small business government contractor with capabilities related to Public Health IT, Criminal Justice, Transportation and Defense.
- A certified service-disabled veteran-owned company with a proud 37+ year track record of providing successful… For full info follow application link.
As a minority-owned business enterprise, Advanced Systems Design understands the struggles of minorities and provides equal opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Advanced Systems Design, Inc. (ASD) to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy or any other protected characteristic under applicable law