Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Dothan, AL 36305
The Terrace at Grove Park is a beautiful community in Dothan, AL, with more than 110 units offering independent living, assisted living, and Alzheimer’s care.
At this time, we are seeking a Maintenance Director to join our team!
Competitive salary! Excellent Benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401K plus much more!
Shift/Hours: Full time management position (salaried). Regular hours are Monday to Friday (8:00 am to 5:00 pm). Rotating on call weekend schedule required.
Once you have applied, please attend one of our open Group Interviews that are held every Wednesday at 2:00 pm at The Terrace at Grove Park (101 Tulip Lane, Dothan, AL 36305)
- Maintain the community in the areas of physical plant, equipment, grounds and keep accurate maintenance records. Supervise maintenance staff and maintain physical plant safety.
- Performs general maintenance work on a daily basis, including replacing light bulbs, repairing electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and appliances.
- Prepares resident apartments for new occupants by painting, cleaning carpets and general maintenance.
- Keeps accurate maintenance records of work done, inventory and purchasing. Manages expenses through knowledge of budget. May purchase maintenance supplies, tools and appliances with Executive Director approval.
- Recommends replacement of major items (such as carpet, appliances, etc.) as well as long and short term maintenance needs.
- Maintains, plans and implements preventative maintenance program and prepares the Preventative Maintenance Report for Executive Director’s review.
- May maintain inventory of master key system, community maintenance supplies and equipment.
- Must enjoy working with the elderly and able to accept constructive criticism.
- Maintain Emergency Call System to ensure resident safety and community security.
- Delegate and ensure quality of maintenance work orders every morning and prioritize jobs and sign off when work is completed.
- Track safety inspections and logged verifications which include: emergency lights, smoke detectors, fire extinguishers, conduct and document monthly fire drills, and conduct and document semi-annual evacuation drills.
- Other duties as required.
- Requires two years of related maintenance experience and some formal training in one or all of the following areas: carpentry, plumbing, painting, HVAC, refurbishing and cleaning.
- Ability to perform general maintenance repair needs at assigned buildings, problem solve, plan, organize, communicate and cooperate with others.
- Demonstrated effective supervisory/leadership experience.
- Ability to drive and operate a van or larger vehicle.
- Possess the ability to make independent decisions, to follow instructions, and to accept constructive criticism.
- Ability to minimize waste of supplies, misuse of equipment, etc.
- Ability to seek out new methods and participate and be willing to incorporate them into existing maintenance practices.
- Ability to effectively follow written and oral instructions.
- As Manager On Duty,… For full info follow application link.
Five Star prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment with regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.