Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35801
Join the Army s Aviation and Missile Center – Technology, Test, and Evaluation team who supports the Missile Defense Agency developing, analyzing, and assessing new sensor technology, discriminating sensors, next generation weapons and other advanced concepts. Provide EO/IR algorithm analysis and evaluation supporting Hardware-in-the-Loop testing of next generation space-based sensor technology. The HWIL simulation will support multiple industry satellite concepts and simulate them for performance assessment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a plan and performance metrics for evaluating industry sensor algorithms
- Evaluate and perform analysis on advanced algorithms for EO/IR systems which may include image processing, filtering, detection, tracking, remote sensing, and ranging
- Conduct independent module tests, evaluate the test results, perform data analysis, and present results/analysis
- Develop generic software/tools to visualize test results and perform analysis using various programming and scripting languages (e.g. Python, MATLAB, C++, etc.)
- Create technical briefings and/or documentation to present to company management as well as government customers.
- Participate in peer reviews and technical meetings
- B.S., M.S., or PhD in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related discipline
- Experience designing and deploying algorithms for EO/IR applications.
- Experience with image processing, signal processing, system design, signatures, tracking, and testing
- Experience with modeling and simulation of EO/IR sensors, focal plane arrays, and the processing chain.
- Programming in MATLAB/Simulink, C/C++, and Python, in a Linux and/or Windows based development environment
- Enjoy working as a member of a team and assisting with solving complex problems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Power Point, Word, and Excel).
- This position requires that the candidate possess an active security clearance in order to access classified information. Position is located in Huntsville; Travel less than 5% of the time.
Millennium offers a comprehensive benefits package. Millennium is An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Millennium does not discriminate on any basis prohibited by applicable law including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, or Vietnam era or special disabled veteran’s status in recruitment, employment, promotion, compensation, benefits, or training. It is also Millennium’s policy to maintain a work environment free from discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.
Millennium participates in the E-Verify program.
Employer’s Job# 2020-1257
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.