A Lineman - Overhead
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Tuscaloosa, AL 35403
Position Summary: Class A Lineman is a skilled position in the construction, maintenance and repair of electrical overhead distribution systems. This position works at various locations and may also be required to travel to another state depending on customer demands.?
- Works safely while performing new construction, maintenance or repair work of energized and de-energized overhead work.
- Capable of leading crew members in the absence of the Foreman.
- Strings overhead wire.
- Set poles and anchors.
- Installs transformers, lightening arrestors, cutouts, crossarms, insulators, switches and switchgear.
- Troubleshoots trouble in primary and secondary systems.
- Replaces cutout fuses and clears faulted circuits and systems.
- Frequently works with energized high voltage systems requiring skill and care to protect the lives of themselves and others.
- Maintains company vehicles, equipment and tools in good working order.
- Able to perform rigorous physical labor.
- Must be able to identify primary and secondary voltage on a circuit.
- Must be familiar with induced voltage.
- Understands grounding procedures.
- Capable of working at heights and/or confined spaces.
- Capable of properly installing and removing PPE and cover up.
- Must be able to climb different types of structures (wood, steel, etc.) and possess the necessary tools to do so.
- Must understand how to phase out a line using phasing sticks.
- Capable of planning safe work based on a job print or work order.
- Understands how to obtain a one shot on a recloser.
- Must be able to effectively conduct a pre-job or tailgate briefing.
- Must be able to safely perform a reconductoring job.
- Willingness to glove/work live high voltage distribution power lines.
- Capable of safely installing and removing mechanical jumpers.
- Understands how to use a load bust tool.
- Does all other related work as required to complete the job.
- Must be able to work outside, frequently in inclement weather conditions.