Clinical Field Staff Supervisor
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Mobile, AL 36609
Compassionate care, uncompromising service and clinical excellence – that’s what our patients have come to expect from our clinicians. Kindred at Home, a division of Kindred Healthcare Inc., is the nation’s leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services.
Kindred at Home, and its affiliates, delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients and clients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing and rehabilitation and hospice and palliative care. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
The Clinical Field Staff Supervisor ensures the overall coordination of home health services provided to all clients is delivered in a safe and effective manner. The role is responsible for facilitating the relationship between referral sources, patients, caregivers, and employees. Depending on branch census you may be responsible for other duties as assigned.
- Ensure that the client’s plan of care is individualized and appropriate, executed as written and reassessed by the appropriate health care processional when there is a significant health status change in the client’s condition, at the physician’s request and after hospital discharge. Ensure appropriate documentation is completed for all patients transferred to an inpatient facility.
- Complete review of evaluation packets, OASIS and 485s. Review both the data submitted via the Mobile Device and via paper to ensure accuracy and follow up on any documentation requires correction. Process the OASIS and 485, verify the correct start of care date and episode date range in HCHB. Process any unlisted supplies, medications, activity, functional limitations, allergies, etc. that appear on the action screen.
- Follow up on OASIS Assessments that cannot be processed due to Licensed Professional documentation deficiencies.
- Responsible for Referral Intake and Management to ensure that clients receive assessment visits and that these visits are scheduled and performed timely.
- Lead weekly Case Conference and address recert / discharge decisions based on Case Conference findings. Review and approve Case Conference coordination notes and attach to Episode Detail Report. Enter Case Conference coordination notes within 48 hours of the Case Conference meeting. Contact physicians to obtain orders for continued service provision or add-on services.
- Review orders as they appear on the action screen. Approve or decline as appropriate. Follow up with Licensed Professional as necessary when editing an order.
- Enter and approve all orders for tracking purposes and route to Medical Records to be sent for physician signature. Ensure any corrections are made by the Licensed Professional who wrote the order prior to approving the order. Update the client’s medication profile and schedule as applicable via the order. Ensure all orders that address frequency have appropriate calendar modification completed.
- Ensure that there are existing orders for requested medical supplies.
- Follow up on orders from the Order Tracking Report when the MRS is unable to retrieve the unsigned order.
- Enter detailed Non-Admit information into HCHB in coordination notes if no visit was made. Ensure the Branch Director approved the non-admission.
- Review and process vital sign alert reports. Document action, any follow-up and physician notification.
- Review and process all wound score deviations documenting any action and/or follow – up.
- If clinical, may be required to perform patient visits and / or participate in an on-call rotation.
*… For full info follow application link.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.