Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Montgomery, AL 36103
Apprentice Job Description__
DPS Group has been performing projects within the Correctional/Detention Market since 2000. DPS Group has built its reputation by giving excellent customer service and high quality craftsmanship.
Job Type: Full-Time
Minimum Years of Experience Required: 1 Years
Minimum Years of Education Required: Trade/Vocational school
Specialty: Primarily Commercial in a Correctional Environment
Must be Authorized to Work in the US
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be willing and able to travel to job sites in the Southeastern US. (Company provides transportation)
- Must be willing to learn and must self-educate
- Must take direction well; must support the journeyman assigned
- Must be self-motivated and self-directed
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must pass background check and drug-test (We test Hair & Urine).
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills required.
- 2 years’ electrical construction experience preferred.
- Must be able to learn to read and interpret blueprints.
In addition, employees will be required to perform the following functions:
- Lift, push, pull up to 50 pounds regularly.
- Grasp and manipulate various hand tools.
- Twist, bend, pull, push, reach and stoop regularly.
- Standing up to 14 hours per day.
- Exposure to varying temperatures as work is primarily outside.
- Noise levels are moderate to heavy.
- Exposure to different fumes and exhaust.
- Work in different types of terrain including water, sand and dirt.
- Work may be both underground and overhead.
- Varying degrees of light as work may begin early morning and continue into the evening.
- Exposure to electrical voltage.
- Family based company
- Close company culture
- Paid vacations after one year waiting period
- Paid holidays after one year waiting period
- Company Shirts provided
- Profit Sharing Program
- 401K following short waiting period
- Company Supplemented Health Insurance, following short waiting period